FAIR & SUSTAINABLE - OUR FOCUS
Who knew clothing manufacturing was one of the most environmentally damaging and harmful sectors on the planet? Surprisingly, not many people.
Knowing our precious environment was being hit so hard, we decided we wanted to help change this. Aiming to source only organic, non-toxic, climate neutral garments, we make sure all garments are sustainably and ethically produced and in line with strict social responsibility policies. Everyone deserves to be treated with respect; these policies ensure garment workers and their families receive a fair wage, stable employment and safe, comfortable working conditions. Now that’s respect right there.
Our tees, vests, sweaters and hoodies are all made from quality, environmentally friendly materials. They look good and they do good...
- 100% Certified Organic Cotton
- Tencel Blend (mix of Organic Cotton and Tencel© Lyocell)
- Bamboo (mix of Bamboo Viscose and Organic Cotton)
The practices behind their production minimises damage to the environment, whilst conserving energy and natural resources.
- The use of low impact organic agriculture
- Efficiency. More efficient manufacturing processes
- Carbon Trust Certifications- Using renewable wind power instead of standard grid electricity reduces the carbon footprint and means our supplier garments are certified by the UK Carbon Trust.
- Sustainable manufacturing- We’re in it for the long term. Sustainable practices ensure more safety for employees, communities, and products. Wherever you see the Carbon Trust logo, you will be sure that the product you are looking at is environmentally friendly and organic. Reassuring, right? ?
VEGAN FRIENDLY INKS
The inks used on our garments are water based, non-toxic and vegan friendly.
ENVIRONMENTALLY FOCUSED ART MATERIALS
Bamboo again!? It's awesome and a go-to resource for us.
Why? Well, for all our art prints we use Hahnemühle's 290gsm Bamboo paper:
- It's best for the environment- It’s one of the world's finest environmentally focused papers used for digital art
- It's he first paper to be made from bamboo fibres
- It's resource-saving
- It looks great
For our wall art canvasses we use eco-friendly frames. How are they eco-friendly?
- They’re produced from recycled canvas-textured photo card
- They are textured to look like the real McCoy; they’re pretty darn sturdy, durable and come ready assembled- great news for you, because that means less work for you!
FAIR WEAR FOUNDATION APPROVED
There's extra peace of mind when choosing one of our garments as they have the Fair Wear Foundation seal of approval. FWF is an independent, non-profit organisation that works with companies and factories to improve labour conditions for garment workers.
Through our suppliers, we can guarantee all the garments used are in line with the strict social responsibility policies; these include:
- No use of child labour
- No use of forced labour
- Safe and healthy working conditions
- Legal labour contracts
- Payment of a living wage
- Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining
- No discrimination against employees
- No excessive hours of work
Interested in finding out more? By all means, don't hesitate to get in touch.